Monday, January 30, 2012

Are action or romance novels more popular?

I've been writing an action manga novel and plan to to write a continuing before I write a manga comic. After that, I need to decide whether my next novel will be an action or a romance. I love to read romance but I find myself writing action with a bit of romance mixed in. What should I choose?Are action or romance novels more popular?
Actually, romance is the biggest selling genre in the publishing world. I'm not sure it it's the biggest selling sub-genre within manga, though.



Also, "action" is more of a movie / TV genre than a literary genre. For books, I'd describe it as "suspense" or "thriller" before I'd say "action."



You might look up thriller vs. romance sales to see what actual stats you can find.



As for what you should choose, go with whatever story won't leave you alone!Are action or romance novels more popular?
Action

No comments:

Post a Comment