Thursday, January 26, 2012

Romance Novels?

What do you like about them, and why are they so addictive? Any favorites?Romance Novels?
Reading romance novels takes me into a fantasy world. They relax my mind after a hard day. They almost draw me into the storyline and give me a sense of being the leading lady. They broaden my imagination. I can almost feel what some the characters are experiencing. They're the best way to escape some of the harsh events going on in the world, even if it's only fantasy.
In most romances, the heroine is pursued, wined and dined, and treated like a princess. Hey, most housewives would love to have someone bring them flowers and hang on their every word. Reading a romance creates that world for a woman, even if just for a couple of hours.Romance Novels?
I only like classic novels that include romance. I am not a fan of the romance paperback
I usually read non-fiction or more mainstream contemporary fiction. I have read some books by LuAnna Rice, Kristen Hannah (I think that's her name), among others, but I didn't really care for them. It seemed like no matter what their situation was, they found the cutest guy in town to help them overcome their adversity. If they didn't have great jobs, they still managed to have nice houses, etc. Didn't seem very realistic. I will admit to a weakness for Fern Michaels. I've read just about everything she's written. I loved the series she did that took place in Texas, Nevada, and Kentucky. I couldn't put them down and haunted the bookstores for the latest one to come out. I like that she has a quirky sense of humor. I liked the one book where the main character was an overweight girl--I think she was a psychologist or something? and lived in a haunted house.Romance Novels?
I like how they make you feel like you are one of the main characters in the story from the dialogue. They are addictive because they usually have a good moral or something really good happens in the plot of each book. Here are my favorites...

-all of sweet valley high books

-"The Navy Husband"-Debbie Macomber

-"Led Astray"-Sandra Brown
I love them. My favorite authors are Susan Elizabeth Phillips, Karyn Monk, Teresa Medeiros, and Lisa Kleypas. I also enjoy Karen Robards, Jennifer Crusie, and Linda Howard. Did you read Nora Roberts' latest? "Angel Falls". It's the best! I was pleasantly surprised.
there such page turners, and sometime tear jerkers, they really make you feel like your in the book. My personal fav. is twilight by stephanie meyer.
I like the way they make u feel @ the end of each book! Its like reading a horror book or one of Stephen King's book to me once I read them I cant put them down!

~* The Silver Kiss BY: Annette Curtis Klause *~

%26lt;(^_^)%26gt;

No comments:

Post a Comment