Thursday, January 26, 2012

Romance Novels?

Does anyone think these historical romance novels are a bit cheesy? Does anyone else find that the cover art usually looks the same, too?Romance Novels?
I read romance novels a lot for a period of time several years ago. I went for them for the historical value, even though they're fiction, and for the relationship aspects. One writer I adored had excellent character development and you really cared about what happened to the characters. After a while all the stories mesh together and are essentially the same. I understand what you're saying about cheesy...



I haven't read the series that's been suggested to you, but who knows? I may check it out.Romance Novels?
Well the ones that follow the stereotype, yes. But not all romance novels go for that same cheesy look as the rest.





Currently I'm reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, and it's not like that at all. No cheesy cover illustration, none of that.Romance Novels?
I agree with the first answer. I have read the entire Outlander series and am acutally going to meet Diana Gabaldon next week at a book signing. She is wonderful, I highly suggest trying her books. You won't be able to get enough of Jaimie and Claire.
  • superchips
  • nada bluebook
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment